[meta-freescale] Some libs in the generated toolchain by populate_sdk are missing in the actual rootfs

Isaac Nickaein nickaein.i at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 22:17:57 PDT 2015

Hi,

The problem I am facing is the rootfs at:

build/tmp/deploy/images/imx6qsabresd/core-image-minimal-imx6qsabresd-20150406151929.rootfs.tar.bz2

generated by

bitbake core-image-minimal"

doesn't have some libraries that are present in the generated sysroot
of toolchain:

build/tmp/deploy/sdk/poky-glibc-i686-core-image-minimal-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-toolchain-1.7.1.sh

generated by:

bitbake core-image-minimal -c populate_sdk

I am using Yocto dizzy to generate a minimal rootfs for my SabreSD.
Here is the list of the files in usr/lib in the generated rootfs and
sysroot of toolchain:

/usr/lib in the sysroot of toolchain: http://pastebin.com/FswsyjGU

/usr/lib in the rootfs: http://pastebin.com/709cT91v

Why doesn't the toolchain follow "core-image-minimal" configuration
for its libs? I want the extra libs to be *removed* from the toolchain
as it causes the Qt5 configuration tool to think some features and
libraries are available on the target platform (which is not supposed
to be).

The following is my conf/local.conf:

MACHINE ??= 'imx6qsabresd'
DISTRO ?= 'poky'
PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_rpm"
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks"
USER_CLASSES ?= "buildstats image-mklibs image-prelink"
PATCHRESOLVE = "noop"
BB_DISKMON_DIRS = "\
    STOPTASKS,${TMPDIR},1G,100K \
    STOPTASKS,${DL_DIR},1G,100K \
    STOPTASKS,${SSTATE_DIR},1G,100K \
    ABORT,${TMPDIR},100M,1K \
    ABORT,${DL_DIR},100M,1K \
    ABORT,${SSTATE_DIR},100M,1K"
PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qemu-native = " sdl"
PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-nativesdk-qemu = " sdl"
ASSUME_PROVIDED += "libsdl-native"
CONF_VERSION = "1"

BB_NUMBER_THREADS = '4'
PARALLEL_MAKE = '-j 4'

DL_DIR ?= "${BSPDIR}/downloads/"
ACCEPT_FSL_EULA = ""

KERNEL_IMAGETYPE_forcevariable = "uImage"

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = "\
wget \
nano \
fbida \