[meta-freescale] Any hope of vblank-synchronized rendering (from vivante) on i.MX6 soon?

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 08:36:50 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Carlos Rafael Giani
<dv at pseudoterminal.org> wrote:
> While this is correct for output that is drawn directly to the framebuffer
> (with damage regions etc.), it isn't for compositor-based output, such as
> what Weston does. There, it is not uncommon to repaint  the entire screen.
> If it uses GLES as the backend, this is the only way to do it, unless some
> extension for swapping buffer subregions exists. Perhaps by using a
> compositor in X buffer flipping would be viable.

Carlos, would you mind to open a bug on bugzilla for this VSYNC issue?

It looks like you can describe it better than me. Please add the html
file you shared and the DISTRO_FEATURES needed to reproduce the issue.

Also, please, say which kernel version you used and which GPU version.

I can then, update this with the comments from Prabhu, and change its
status accordingly.

Thanks in advance,
Daiane