[meta-freescale] imx6: webkit html5 video with hardware acceleration

Richard Cochran richardcochran at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 21:50:25 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 10:46:42PM +0200, Carlos Rafael Giani wrote:
> Merely starting Chromium triggers the OOM killer already?

Yup.

> How much RAM does your board have?

256 MB.

> And how much *free* RAM was
> available when you started Chromium?

The Freescale kernel hackery is really hurting us. With the kernel in
the alpha/beta branch, we need 144 MB for CMA. I am sure this is due
to something dumb in the thousands of new FSL kernel patches, but I
haven't had the time to track this down.

The daisy kernel worked on that board (with full screen video) with a
CMA of 64 MB, but unfortunately the newer user space does *not* work
with the daisy kernel. Brilliant stuff, that.

> Also, are we talking about Chromium 37.0.2062.94 here?

It was 35, IIRC.

Thanks,
Richard