[meta-freescale] imx6: webkit html5 video with hardware acceleration

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Tue Sep 23 12:56:25 PDT 2014

On 2014-09-23 21:52, Richard Cochran wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 09:32:09PM +0200, Carlos Rafael Giani wrote:
>> https://github.com/Freescale/chromium-imx
>>
>> This is already integrated in meta-fsl-arm . Check out https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm/blob/master/browser-layer/recipes-browser/chromium/chromium-imx.inc
> Just for the record, this work is quite new, isn't it?
>
> It looks to me like this work is from late August. Earlier this year
> (March?) there was some talk about Chromium, and the FSL Yocto UG (Rev
> L3.10.31_1.1.0-alpha, 05/2014) also mentions Chromium with HW
> acceleration (although I couldn't get it working).
>
> Can you explain the relationship between your patches and the earlier
> work, if there is any?
>
> Also, to your knowledge, no one has worked on webkit-gtk to enable HW
> acceleration, is that right?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Yes, this is quite new. Its main target version is 37.0.2062.94, which
is also the current stable version of Chromium in meta-browser.

These talks were related regarding some ideas for the implementation,
but the code itself is completely new.

As for WebKit-GTK, I have heard of some efforts for it, but this was
told to me offline, and it was months ago. I don't follow its development.