[meta-freescale] imx6: webkit html5 video with hardware acceleration

Richard Cochran richardcochran at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 12:39:46 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 09:29:13PM +0200, Carlos Rafael Giani wrote:

> When I get the time, I'll try again, and see if gstreamer-imx is
> being used for decoding. With any luck, I'll be able to see any
> frames. You can try this: in Yocto, first build gstreamer 1.0 (and
> -base/good/bad/ugly) explicitely.

> *Then*, try to build WebKit.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll give it a try.

[ This is just the kind of manual bitbake tinkering that makes
  the FSL Yocto such a joy to work with. ]

However, I won't be betting that gstreamer 1.0 will somehow work
better. After all, webkit copies into its Cairo drawable in the sink.
That alone will cause a too high CPU load with a full screen video.

Thanks,
Richard