[meta-freescale] imx6: webkit html5 video with hardware acceleration

Richard Cochran richardcochran at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 12:06:01 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 11:55:55AM -0700, Bin Lin wrote:
> We tried to get the HTML5 playback working with Qt5.2.1 webkit on
> daisy branch.  It hangs when it is trying to play.  We tried it on
> both the youtubeview example of Qt5 webkitqml and the browser
> example of webkitwidgets, eglfs setup.  The results are the same.

Right, both Qt4 and Qt5 webkits also don't work.

> What are the steps you followed to make the HTML5 at least to play
> under webkit?

That is the point. It doesn't play videos.

The 'daisy' branch has midori, and I was able to build midori without
any issues, and this builds webkit.

IIRC, you can see that webkit-gtk will start gstreamer, but there is
no picture at all.

Sorry,
Richard