[meta-freescale] Single u-boot.imx binary which can boot from Sata or MMC fuse settings?

Justin DeFields justin.d at tekmagic.net
Tue Sep 23 07:59:48 PDT 2014

All,

I'm trying to create a single uboot binary (2014.04) which can be booted
from sata or sdcard fuse settings.

So far, it has been easy to boot linux from either method (by adding the
mmc environment items to the sata config), except that the uboot
environment is hardcoded to Sata (FSL_ENV_IS_IN_SATA).  The problem is that
the image can start from either fuse setting, but the hardcoded environment
device (SATA) must be present to fully boot.

Does anyone know if there is a way to dynamically set where the uboot
environment is saved/located based on the fuse settings (or possibly fall
back to a default location if there is a failure)?  Looking at the
environment source code, it looks to currently be designed to only accept a
single hard-coded option.

Or am I limited to having to build different u-boot binaries for Sata and
Sdcard?

Justin DeFields