[meta-freescale] fdt_file u-boot variable not set correctly

Roberto Fichera kernel at tekno-soft.it
Tue Sep 23 01:31:23 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I'm working on a custom board based on iMX6SLEVK, so I've created a new machine
configuration you can find below:

#@TYPE: Machine
#@NAME: Freescale i.MX6SL QuadPlay
#@SOC: i.MX6SL
#@MAINTAINER: Roberto Fichera <roberto at dicenetworks.co.uk>

include conf/machine/include/imx-base.inc
include conf/machine/include/tune-cortexa9.inc

SOC_FAMILY = "mx6:mx6sl"

#KERNEL_DEVICETREE = "imx6sl-evk.dtb imx6sl-evk-csi.dtb imx6sl-evk-ldo.dtb"
KERNEL_DEVICETREE = "quadplay-imx6sl.dtb quadplay-imx6sl-csi.dtb quadplay-imx6sl-ldo.dtb"

UBOOT_CONFIG ??= "sd"
UBOOT_CONFIG[sd] = "mx6slevk_config,sdcard"
UBOOT_CONFIG[spinor] = "mx6slevk_spinor_config"
UBOOT_CONFIG[mfgtool] = "mx6slevk_config"

SERIAL_CONSOLE = "115200 ttymxc0"

MACHINE_FEATURES += " pci"

MACHINE_FIRMWARE += "linux-firmware-ath6k"

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel ?= "linux-quadplay"

I've replace the KERNEL_DEVICETREE with my own DTS changes still derived
from the imx6sl-evk. So far so good, once the sdcard build terminate and the image is
dd'ed to the microSD, I've notice that the last quadplay-imx6sl-ldo.dtb is not set
as fdt_file uboot environment variable but instead imx6sl-evk-ldo.dtb still used. I've also
tried to do "bitbake u-boot-fslc -c cleansstate" before to bake the image but nothing
still keeping the imx6sl-evk-ldo.dtb.

Does anyone can suggest how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Roberto Fichera.