[meta-freescale] OpenGL / ES debug on imx6 dora build (3.0.35)

Peter SUCIU petrut.suciu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 10:24:58 PDT 2014

Hello,

I have an image (fsl-image-gui) built with Yocto. When I try to run a
custom opengl app on it via GUI (double click on icon in file manager), the
app runs fine, producing the expected graphical output. When I try running
the same app via remote process launch from Eclipse, it fails to run OpenGL
code, as in it cannot find the source to execute, like some weird linkage
problem. Here is the snippet in question:

// initialize EGL display object

GLDisplay = *eglGetDisplay*( EGL_DEFAULT_DISPLAY );

if ( !GLDisplay )

{

     LOG__PRINT_ERROR( "Bad display object!" );

     // TODO: Add error here

     return;

}

*eglInitialize* ( GLDisplay, NULL, NULL );

// ..

While in debug mode (gdb-remote attached to locally transfered code and
executed app/process), eglGetDisplay executes fine and returns a valid
display object. However, eglInitialize fails to execute with no source
(jumps to 0x0000).