[meta-freescale] Does the Freescale Community have a QorIQ champion / advocate inside Freescale?

Bob Cochran yocto at mindchasers.com
Thu Sep 11 07:00:34 PDT 2014

Good Morning Freescale Community,

During the FSL Community meeting on 9/8, we discussed whether there was
an advocate / champion internal to Freescale for QorIQ (networking SoCs)
within the Community.

I had raised this question and pointed out my perception that Daiane
acts as an advocate for i.MX within the Community.  I had asked her if
she was planning on taking on the same role for QorIQ, and her answer
was no.  Otavio seconded my concern about the need for a QorIQ champion,
and I volunteered to start a new thread to discuss this issue.

To me, an advocate or champion is someone who takes ownership of a
particular effort and works continually to promote it's success across
all areas (both technical and non technical).  This person also acts as
the default point of contact for all issues related to the effort.

Perhaps either Zhenhua or Ting is this person?  Both of them have been
very responsive to issues on this site.  If this is the case, then great.

If neither of them is the QorIQ champion, will Freescale be providing
one?  Otherwise, I have a concern, which I believe is shared by others,
that QorIQ may not achieve the same success with the Community that has
been seen with i.MX.

Thank you,

Bob