[meta-freescale] meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-fsl-arm/conf/layer.conf not found

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 06:52:34 PDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 6:53 PM, Lynn Birch <l.lynnbirch at comcast.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to build fsl-image-gui for imx6 and get the following error....
> ( can't find the layer.conf file.)
>
> $ bitbake fsl-image-gui

> IOError: file
> /home/marc/var-som-mx6-dora-v5/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-fsl-arm/conf/layer.conf
> not found

> When I look in that directory, I don't see that file either...
>
> $ cd
> /home/marc/var-som-mx6-dora-v5/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-fsl-arm/conf
> $ ls
> bblayers.conf  bblayers.conf.org  local.conf  local.conf.org
> local.conf.sample  sanity_info
>

> I did repo sync yesterday and i''m using
> https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b dora  is there a

If you are using

      https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b dora

Why does your code expect to find meta-fsl-bsp-release?

> patch i'm missing ?

If you´re willing to use meta-fsl-bsp-release, you have a different
how-to-download you can find [1] in case you want dora + 3.10.17-GA

Make sure the board you´re using is supported.

[1] http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/meta-fsl-bsp-release.git/tree/imx/README?h=dora_3.10.17-1.0.0_GA

In other hand, if you don´t want to use meta-fsl-bsp-release, or your
board is not supported in meta-fsl-bsp-release (and is in
meta-fsl-arm) you should remove meta-fsl-bsp-release from your
bblayers.conf

In this second case, you can use daisy instead.

Please, let me know your questions,
Daiane