[meta-freescale] L3.10.17_1.0.2 Release ABI changes

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Fri Oct 31 08:56:15 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I just downloaded the release notes for the L3.10.17_1.0.2
kernel release:
	https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-102677

The kernel patches are easy to identify, and rebasing our
3.10.17_1.0.1_ga branch on top of them was pretty trivial.

The documentation (file i.MX_6_Yocto_Project_Patch_Release.pdf)
refers to updates to updates though:

	• Graphics: gpu-viv-bin-mx6q, 3.10.17_1.0.2
	• Graphics: gpu-viv-g2d, 3.10.17_1.0.2
	• Graphics: Xorg-driver, 3.10.17_1.0.2

A quick scan of the kernel patches doesn't show any
obvious ABI changes, but since some bits are only
accessible through the closed-source libraries, it's
hard to tell.

In particular, it's not clear whether the changes (additions) to
enum _gcePATCH_ID require a simultaneous kernel/library update.

If so, then I'm not sure how/when to push an update to
meta-fsl-arm-extra for our kernel, since it will need to
be coordinated with meta-fsl-arm/recipes-graphics (and
probably other vendor kernels).

Please advise,

Eric