[meta-freescale] Issue building cairo

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Mon Oct 20 17:04:46 PDT 2014

I was chasing a bug building cairo on my i.MX6Q target and
noticed that the PACKAGECONFIG flags don't seem to be set
correctly.  My DISTRO_FLAGS contains 'x11', but they don't
seem to be reflected in PACKAGECONFIG as I would expect from
the recipe.

Here's what I get:
   % bitbake -e cairo >out
   % grep ^PACKAGECONFIG out
   PACKAGECONFIG="      egl glesv2 egl glesv2"
   % grep ^DISTRO_FEATURES out | grep x11
   DISTRO_FEATURES_DEFAULT="alsa argp bluetooth ext2 irda largefile pcmcia usbgadget usbhost wifi xattr nfs zeroconf pci 3g nfc x11"
   DISTRO_FEATURES="alsa argp bluetooth ext2 irda largefile pcmcia usbgadget usbhost wifi xattr nfs zeroconf pci 3g nfc x11 ipv4 ipv6 libc-backtrace libc-big-macros libc-bsd
libc-cxx-tests libc-catgets libc-charsets libc-crypt                 libc-crypt-ufc libc-db-aliases libc-envz libc-fcvt libc-fmtmsg libc-fstab libc-ftraverse
          libc-getlogin libc-idn libc-inet-anl libc-libm libc-locales libc-locale-code                                     libc-memusage libc-nis libc-nsswitch libc-rcmd
libc-rtld-debug libc-spawn libc-streams libc-sunrpc                             libc-utmp libc-utmpx libc-wordexp libc-posix-clang-wchar libc-posix-regexp libc-posix-regexp-glibc
                     libc-posix-wchar-io largefile opengl ptest multiarch wayland pulseaudio sysvinit"

Looking at the cairo recipe (meta/recipes-graphics/cairo/cairo.inc)
   PACKAGECONFIG ??= "${@bb.utils.contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'x11', 'x11', '', d)} \
            ${@bb.utils.contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'directfb', 'directfb', '', d)}"

So it seems to me that PACKAGECONFIG should contain 'x11', or
am I confused?