[meta-freescale] CAN Supprt

Morgan McKenzie rmtm at uvic.ca
Sun Oct 19 14:41:54 PDT 2014

Hi Daniel,

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you on this. When you're enabling it, that's not quite what you should be trying to do. If you're still using dora then follow these instructions:https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-96367
The main part you're wanting to do is modify the mmcargs's console line to have 'can0' at the end of it, so that it's passed to the kernel.

Now if you're using daisy, it might be a bit different. You'll might have to ask whether it's still using the old kernel or if it's on 3.10.17 by default (I think it's 3.10.17 default but I may be wrong). If it's using 3.10.17 you have to tell it to use a different .dtb file which loads up the board specification telling it to use the second can port. Ask about how to do that from the u-boot prompt; I believe it's possible but as I said i don't have a board to test it out right now. What I had done I told you earlier, but that involves adding a recipe which patches the kernel to have a different default (probably completely overboard, but does work without having to fiddle around in u-boot.)

I hope that makes it a little clearer...

Morgan