[meta-freescale] Packagegroup unexpectedly builds recipe

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed Oct 8 06:04:40 PDT 2014

On 2014-10-08 06:51, Jonas Rydow wrote:
> Hi,
> I have tried to get an image recipe to work with packagegroups. The problem is that a recipe is built that in my opinion should not be built, in this case portmap. I have narrowed
> it down to basically the example in the yocto dev manual:
> A packagegroup recipe packagegroup-pg-image.bb <http://packagegroup-pg-image.bb>:
> -------------------
> DESCRIPTION = "My Custom Package Groups"
> inherit packagegroup
> LICENSE = "MIT"
> PACKAGES = "\
>      packagegroup-custom-apps \
>      packagegroup-custom-tools \
>      "
> RDEPENDS_packagegroup-custom-apps = "\
>      dropbear \
>      psplash"
> RDEPENDS_packagegroup-custom-tools = "\
>      portmap \
> "
> -------------------
>
> An image recipe, pg-test-image.bb <http://pg-test-image.bb>:
> -------------------
> SUMMARY = "Package group test image definition."
> DESCRIPTION = "This image does not do anything useful"
> LICENSE = "MIT"
> inherit image
> IMAGE_FEATURES_append = " package-management"
> IMAGE_INSTALL = "\
>      packagegroup-custom-apps \
> "
> -------------------
>
> When bitbaking, the portmap recipe is also baked, is this expected?
> If looking at the debug log from:
> bitbake -DDDD pg-test-image > pg-test-image.log the following is seen
> --------------
> DEBUG: Added runtime dependencies ['portmap', 'dropbear', 'psplash'] for /home/jryd/..../meta-sre-freja/recipes-core/packagegroups/packagegroup-pg-image.bb
> <http://packagegroup-pg-image.bb>
> ---------------
> It does not only get built but also populates sysroot, but it does not show up in the manifest file for the image.
>
> This is of course a constructed example, my real problem is that one package gets built and installs things on sysroot which another package should provide. This means that the
> last of the two recipes get to provide the file(s). This causes build failures and or warnings.
>
> I use daisy 1.6.1, to build for the sabresd.

This is expected behaviour.  In order to create 'packagegroup-custom-apps',
bitbake needs to build the 'packagegroup-pg-image.bb' recipe, which in
turn will build dropbear, psplash and portmap.

The only way to avoid this would be to split the packagegroup-pg-image
recipe into two bits, one that builds packagegroup-custom-apps and
another that builds packagegroup-custom-tools