[meta-freescale] wandboard-dual, master-next, Xorg segfault

John Weber rjohnweber at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:26:48 PDT 2014

On Thursday, October 2, 2014, Trevor Woerner <trevor.woerner at linaro.org>
wrote:

> On 10/02/14 15:36, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 4:17 PM, John Weber <rjohnweber at gmail.com
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
> >> Hi Trevor - This could be due to Wandboard kernel not being updated to
> >> 3.10.31_1.1.0 in master-next.
> > Yes; the kernel needs update due newer GPU drivers.
>
> Just out of curiosity, I'm interested in knowing what source of
> information you people follow? How does one find out the latest kernels
> and get notifications when they come out? Do these come from Freescale?

Actually, the subject of 3.10.31 beta was one of great debate on this
very email list, as the update would undoubtedly break machines that didn't
make the upgrade.  In then end it was actually put to a vote and the
decision was to put it in master-next so that it wouldn't break too many
machines in 1.7.