[meta-freescale] Any hope of vblank-synchronized rendering (from vivante) on i.MX6 soon?

Mike Folcik mike at folcik.com
Thu Oct 2 09:21:52 PDT 2014

I have been up against this problem for a few weeks now, and it is
definitely a show stopper for me using the i.MX6 for my application.  I,
too, am using Chromium atop X11 and need smooth CSS3 accelerated animations.
I have seen the Bugzilla bug; and am wondering, is this definitely in the
pipeline for the 1.8 release?  Is there any chance to increase the severity
to get it sooner?

>From Gerard's original post, this IS a critical defect.  My application is
high volume, and I'm sure others interested in this defect also have high
volume, which should motivate Freescale & Vivante to act on this.

Mike