[meta-freescale] Chromium acceleration

Becue Paul P.Becue at televic.com
Thu Nov 27 02:14:25 PST 2014

Hello
I am working on a device with an iMX6 Solo processor for making a kind of web-kiosk with touch interface on Yocto.
To learn Yocto I bought your book a month ago. It helped me a lot. Not too long and to the point. Thank you for it.
I am building it with Yocto Linux - X11 - chromium.I added the chromium-imx layer from the freescale layer to my build. I builded for daisy and dizzy.
But I can't get the hardware acceleration on for chromium. When I look at chrome://gpu I get:
Graphics Feature Status Canvas: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable Flash: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable Flash Stage3D: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable Flash Stage3D Baseline profile: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable Compositing: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable Rasterization: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable Threaded Rasterization: Unavailable Video Decode: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable Video Encode: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable WebGL: Unavailable
and on the command line:
ERROR:browser_main_loop.cc(162)] Running without the SUID sandbox! See https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/LinuxSUIDSandboxDevelopment for more information on developing with the sandbox on.
ERROR:gl_implementation_x11.cc(86)] glxGetProcAddress not found.
ERROR:gpu_child_thread.cc(143)] Exiting GPU process due to errors during initialization
ERROR: v4l2 capture: slave not found!
ERROR:renderer_main.cc(204)] Running without renderer sandbox
ERROR:desktop_window_tree_host_x11.cc(1547)] Not implemented reached in void views::DesktopWindowTreeHostX11::MapWindow(ui::WindowShowState)
ERROR:renderer_main.cc(204)] Running without renderer sandbox
ERROR:renderer_main.cc(204)] Running without renderer sandbox
ERROR:renderer_main.cc(204)] Running without renderer sandbox
ERROR:renderer_main.cc(204)] Running without renderer sandbox
Did I something wrong or is it simply not possible with the GPU of the iMX6?
Thank you in advance.

Paul Becue.