[meta-freescale] save kernel configuration

Matthias.Heise at atlas-elektronik.com Matthias.Heise at atlas-elektronik.com
Wed Nov 26 23:46:10 PST 2014

Hi there,

when I'm turning options on and off in menuconfig these changes are usually saved in the .config file, which resides (in my case)in /build/tmp/work/wandboard_quad-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-wandboardd/3.10.17-r0/git ,
right ? As this configuration is obviously downloaded from git, I've got a few questions:

1.       Is this configuration integral part of (in this case) the linux-wandboard-3.10.17, so if I change the configuration the version must be changed ?

2.       Which purpose does the defconfig file in /sources/meta-fsl-arm-extra/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-wandboard-3.10.17 have ?

3.       Or is the defconfig file copied, changed by recipe (linux-wandboard_3.10.17.bb, f.e. LOCALVERSION ) and if I change something and want to include this into the image recipe I copy the tweaked .config file into a new defconfig ? Or how would be the procedure ?

Thank you very much,
regards,
Mat