[meta-freescale] pulseaudio makes system unstable

Alexander Shashkevych alex at stunpix.com
Tue Nov 25 10:42:52 PST 2014

>> May [1] be related with your problems?
>>
>> [1] http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git/tree/sound/soc/fsl/imx-hdmi-dma.c?h=imx_3.10.31_1.1.0_beta2#n289
>
> Interesting. I've found same #ifdefs in yocto branch I'm using with
> kernel 3.10.17, but there is no #define that disables  neon's dma for
> hdmi, so I'll define it and recompile.

Yeah! That's it! No more crashes, no more unexpected exits from apps
and even more, earlier sound was always choppy and now it is not.
Through hdmi.

I also added --disallow-exit and --exit-idle-time to pulse server and
now it doesn't exit unexpectedly.

Thank you guys! You really helped me.

Alexander