[meta-freescale] Building for SabreSD

Robin Findley rfindley at usa.net
Mon Nov 24 13:52:34 PST 2014

Fabio Estevam wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
>
> > Because it was complaining that I had two choices for the kernel,
> > so I picked one.
> >
> > At the moment my need is minimal - I'm just using that board
> > to check the functioning of a PCIe network card.
>
> Maybe a core-image-minimal would suffice then?

For what it's worth, I've successfully tested a few PCIe network cards on
SabreSD with Wandboard kernel v3.10.17, and Wandboard device-tree with
irrelevant and incompatible stuff disabled.  SabreSD worked great.

Long story as to why I used Wandboard kernel, but boils down to the fact that
I started out trying to get PCIe working on a Wandboard-based system...
couldn't get it working, so moved on to TechNexion Fairy board... which
somewhat worked, but only with one network card, and only most of the time...
then went to SabreSD, which worked beautifully with all of the PCIe devices I
tested, including a RealTek GbE, an Intel GbE, and a 6-port PCIe switch.