[meta-freescale] default root password or password request

Matthias.Heise at atlas-elektronik.com Matthias.Heise at atlas-elektronik.com
Fri Nov 14 02:01:21 PST 2014

I'm still fighting with adding a password. The only thing I could achieve so far is adding a user by adding this to the local.conf in the build directory :

INHERIT += "extrausers"
EXTRA_USERS_PARAMS = "useradd -p ' ' tester;"

I then can login with "tester". As soon as I add a password, I'm prompted for it at login but when entering it the login fails. (no password also fails) this is independent from the "debug-tweaks".
I also tried (would be preferred) to add this option to the image recipe, with

inherit extrausers
EXTRA_USERS_PARAMS = "useradd -p ' ' tester;"

But that doesn't work at all.
What am I doing wrong/am I missing ?