[meta-freescale] No HDMI video on imx6qsabresd with dizzy

Nikolay Dimitrov picmaster at mail.bg
Thu Nov 13 11:34:37 PST 2014

Hi guys,

Thanks to Fabio the HDMI is now working. Here's how:

1. Disabled HDMI support in u-boot-fsl (actually disabled all video-
related support, as it was easier/faster).
2. Added the usual video configuration to "mmcarg" env-var:

video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1280x720M at 60,if=RGB24

3. Booted the board (had to set mmcdev to 0 as I boot from SD2).
4. Observed that Xorg was running on the HDMI screen.
5. Played video via gstreamer and observed it's rendering on the screen
without issues.

After discussion with Andreas, I tested the following resolutions and
they worked OK:

- 640x480
- 800x600
- 1024x768
- 1280x720
(just don't have the time to test more as these were OK for my tests)

@Daiane: I checked the description for bug #6703, but I don't observe
the issue here. I left my HDMI cable connected all the time, and it
still works. I even power-cycled the board to make sure that the HDMI
hardware is not left initialized from a previous boot. My understanding
is that the reason it works is Fabio's suggestion to disable U-Boot
HDMI support.

Thanks to everyone for the constructive discussion.

Kind regards,
Nikolay