[meta-freescale] default root password or password request

Matthias.Heise at atlas-elektronik.com Matthias.Heise at atlas-elektronik.com
Thu Nov 13 04:59:40 PST 2014

Hi again,

while stumbling through my first bitbake experiences I have now following problem : when adding the ssh server (I used openssh) to an image (core-image-minimal.bb) all of a sudden a login with username AND password is required while before just entering "root" as login was enough. How do I set a root password beforehand or like in some "desktop" systems prompt on first start for a password ? Else I can't seem to login on these images...
thanks a lot
regards
Mat