[meta-freescale] imx6q: Xorg multi screen support

randy.krakora at freescale.com randy.krakora at freescale.com
Tue Nov 11 07:29:16 PST 2014

We did with two instances of Xorg…but then you run into issues with the HW acceleration only available on one due to Vivante driver limitations.

We’re moving to Wayland/Weston now, it worked out of the box with fsl-image-weston build and this:

HDMI to 32-bit depth:
fbset -fb /dev/fb2 -g  1920 1080 1920 1080 32
/etc/init.d/weston stop
echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb2/blank ( other fbs may require this too )
weston --tty=1 --use-gal2d=1 --use-gl=0 --device=/dev/fb0,/dev/fb2 &

This was on SabreSDP/SabreSD with HDMI and LVDS.

I ran some examples on each display, but I believe it is treated like one giant x/y system…I’ll see if I have any more notes when I get back to my other laptop.

Regards,
Randy Krakora
Freescale i.MX Automotive FAE
Freescale Semiconductor