[meta-freescale] Video play failed with gst-launch

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 03:55:32 PST 2014

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 9:50 AM, kongling <k870818319 at outlook.com> wrote:
> Hi, everyone
>    I'm trying to play video on MCIMX6Q-SDP, But got some errors.
>    log:
>    #gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:///opt/test/004.mp4
> video-sink=imxeglvivsink
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED...
> Pipeline is PREROLLING...
> Missing element: MPEG-4 AAC decoder

AAC decoder plugin from Freescale is shared under NDA. Please, open a
thread in imx.community.

>    It seems like there's no MPEG-4 AAC decoder in filesystem.
>    Where to find the decoder or how to port it into my filesystem?

AAC decoder (mainline one) is from gstreamer-BAD, as I remember, take
a look in [1] for an example how to (probably) install it

[1]https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-demos/blob/master/recipes-fsl/packagegroups/packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer-full.bb

Daiane