[meta-freescale] Unable to get u-boot running on i.MX6 SABRE for Smart Devices Eval Board

Guillaume Fournier gfournier at brioconcept.com
Wed Nov 5 07:24:33 PST 2014

>>I want to get a working cross-compiling toolchain so I can build u-boot and the
>>kernel outside of Yocto.  I understand the subject of this post is therefore a bit misleading since u-
>>boot does boot when using Yocto build output...  It just doesn't when using the cross-compiling toolchain.
>
>Um... sometimes I just download the cross-compiler from linaro homepage
>and build the u-boot, works fine as usual. if you want build your own cross-compiler
>from yocto, just bitbake meta-toolchain, and execute <yocto path>/build/tmp/deploy
>/sdk/poky-eglibc-i686-meta-toolchain-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-toolchain-1.6.1.sh

I just did that (bitbake meta-toolchain + install script) and I can get u-boot to build without errors but the u-boot.bin is not booting on the target.

>I even use a sfp cross-compiler to build u-boot and booting hfp uImage, and still can boot into linux system.
I downloaded the little-endian linaro toochain binaries v4.9 (gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.9-2014.09_linux.tar.xz) and installed it.  I was able to compile u-boot without errors.  When I try the output u-boot.bin, it does not boot on the target.

I'm starting to think something with my u-boot configuration is wrong.  Could the "make LDFLAGS="" CC="$CC" mx6dlsabresd_config" be the culprit ?

Guillaume