[meta-freescale] Freescale U-Boot User's Guide

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Fri May 30 08:35:33 PDT 2014

> The closest thing I found to a "home page" is
> http://freescale.github.io/#header-section whose documentation link goes to
> http://freescale.github.io/doc/release-notes/1.6/.  I downloaded the tarball
> of fsl-yocto-3.10.17_1.0.0.tar.gz from somewhere from Freescale.com (I
> think).  I would think it ought to be pointed to from the "home page"
> somehow.  Maybe it is, and I can't find it.

there are 2 yocto freescale releases. two.

1) FSL Community BSP is what you find when you talk about githubio
2) meta-fsl-bsp-release is what you find when you talk about "Official
Freescale GA Release"

for the "Official Freescale GA Release" you go to
www.freescale.com/imx and search for the Doc bundle, just the same way
you did for other LTIB releases.

in case you´re new to i.mx family (sorry, i did not underdand if you
are or not) this is the URL to the place where you find the bundle:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=RDIMX6SABREBRD&fpsp=1&tab=Documentation_Tab

look for: L3.10.17_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS  Linux 3.10.17 BSP & MM Bundle

So, what we have here is "almost" the classic upstream scenario. The
company works internally only and after "the release" it is published
and the community can take it. Next release the company creates, it
includes any the improvements/bugfixes/feedbacks from community.

Let me know what you think and your next question
(and please, I ignored all other questions but I would like to have
them in a separated thread, if you don´t mind)

Daiane