[meta-freescale] Boot issue with imx6 quad

Jerome Smith jerome.emb at gmail.com
Thu May 29 09:12:28 PDT 2014

Hi all,
I'm facing a strange boot issue with Yocto Dora on a Freescale sabre auto
(quad and solo version).

The configuration is the following:
* kernel 3.0.35
* systemd
* namespace
* linux containers

The boot on imx6 Solo takes around 6 sec, instead on the Quad it takes
around 35 seconds.

After boot both systems are responsive and work well.

If I add nosmp to kernel cmdline the imx6 Quad boots as fast as the Solo.

If I remove the namespace from the kernel the Quad system boots fast as
well. The problem seems to be caused by namespace and the way it interacts
with smp.

Do you have any idea on how to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Jerome