[meta-freescale] 3D mesh rendering segmentation fault

Pierluigi Passaro pierluigi.passaro at phoenixsoftware.it
Sat May 24 09:58:30 PDT 2014

Hi all,

On 22/05/2014 18:40, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 6:55 AM, Pierluigi Passaro
> <pierluigi.passaro at phoenixsoftware.it> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I compiled daisy branch of meta-qt5 against daisy branch of meta-fsl-arm for
>> a SabreSD with iMX6 Dual Lite.
>> I need to import and render standard 3D mesh file formats as PLY, STL, OFF,
>> OBJ, 3DS, ...
>>
>> When I try the load_model qt3d demo, the application crash for a
>> segmentation fault: attached you can find the gdb trace.
>>
>> Do you have any suggestion on how to approach the problem?
> This seems to be a GPU driver issue. I am adding Lauren to Cc so she
> can comment if it is a known issue or not.

I'm still playing with the 3D mesh rendering and I have found a
workaround to avoid the crash.
Attached you can find a patch that change the effect related to the
"material" used for rendering the mesh.
I'm not smart enough with QT rendering framework to analyze how this
patch can avoid the crash, but I hope could help someone to give me a
suggestion on how to solve the original issue.

Best Regards
Gigi