[meta-freescale] imx:6 Poor EGL performance with wayland

Volodymyr Babchuk volodymyr.babchuk at globallogic.com
Fri May 23 04:54:49 PDT 2014

Hello.

I am trying to run some QT5 apps on iMX6 with Wayland.
I have noticed that QT5 GL apps have much better performance on X11
than on Wayland.

For example, QT5 Hello GL example produces about 50 fps on x11 with
FullHD resolution
and only about 20-25 fps on wayland.

Besides, wayland with enabled GAL2D support produces graphical
artifacts in some use cases which involves composition of multiple
windows or even one window and mouse cursor.

Has anyone else experienced such issue? Is there any known solution?

I'm testing on Wandboard Solo and using dora_3.10.17-1.0.0_GA branch
for meta-fsl-bsp-release.

--

Volodymyr Babchuk | Senior Embedded Developer
GlobalLogic