[meta-freescale] Freescale imx beta/release sd burning questions

David Sowa david.s at tekmagic.net
Thu May 22 08:51:50 PDT 2014

Tom,

The .sdcard file produced by the bitbake process has the partition
information baked in already so you want to write it to the raw sd card
device.

On my particular system I write the files to /dev/sdX not to /dev/sdX1.
 The exact letter your sd card shows up as will depend on what other
devices are present in your system.

On my Ubuntu dev system when I insert the sd card the system automounts the
existing partitions so I always need to umount the partitions before I can
write to the raw device.  So the whole process looks like

insert sd card
sudo umount /dev/sdX1
sudo umount /dev/sdX2
sudo dd if=core-image-minimal-boardname.sdcard of=/dev/sdX bs=4M