[meta-freescale] Flexcan is not working on I.MX 6Q SABRE SD board

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Thu May 22 05:30:09 PDT 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 2:53 AM, Paventhan K
<Paventhan.K at lnttechservices.com> wrote:
> Hi Daiane,
>                    I have already enabled flexcan by applying a patch to imx6q-sabresd.dts file. I am able to get the flexcan driver up and configure it. I am not understanding why does the bus state goes off even when the imx6q sabresd board's can transreceiver(TJA 1040T) is connected to the vector can. It would be very helpful even if you tell me how I can go about debugging it. I have tried using a DSO to check if I can see the transmission signal on TX. But when I connect the probe to CAN_H and CAN_L  of the transreceiver I see nothing. I have also noticed that the "stby pin" of the transreceiver always remains high(3.5V). Will I have to apply any patch to somehow make it low and then run the transreceiver in normal mode instead of standby mode?

Have you already posted your question on imx.community?

This mailing list is not supposed to be used for kernel support....

I don´t have enough hardware to test it on my side, sorry.

> This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.

OPS
next time, try to not send this kind of text appended in your email =P

Daiane