[meta-freescale] Installing an svn-controlled application in yocto. SRCREV_FORMAT?

Stephen Munnings Stephen.Munnings at nuvation.com
Wed May 21 07:19:30 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am trying to get an svn-controlled application added to my own layer in a yocto build.
This is a Qt5 application, and I hope to leverage all the automatic Qt5 building stuff.
The source code is installed in/from several sibling directories in an svn tree.
I have attempted to follow the steps that I could find - the recipe is attached.
(modified to obscure sensitive information)
I am having several problems.

1.       By far the most annoying, and possibly the root of all the others:
I get a message: "Fetcher failure: The SRCREV_FORMAT variable must be set when multiple SCMs are used."
I have googled, looked at code, grepped through the source directory, etc., and see no clear guidance on how this SRCREV_FORMAT variable should be used.
Whenever I put something in SRCREV_FORMAT, it simply gets set as the  SRCREV value, and nothing productive gets done.  (Fetches do not work)

What I would (ideally) like to do is to eventually set an (external) environment variable and have either the latest revision (HEAD) brought into the build, or the revision with a given tag (release marker).
At one point, I did get a fetch to work, but I think it was before I did the SRCREV = ${AUTOREV}" thing.

2.       Now, I cannot get the fetch to bring in the code from the svn repository - when I remove the SRCREV related stuff - no fetch error, just no code fetched either.

I would dearly love to see a complete example of how this is supposed to be done.
Anyway, the pressing problem is some advice on how the SRCREV_FORMAT variable should be used when getting the above error message.

--
Stephen Munnings
Sr. Design Engineer | NUVATION ENGINEERING