[meta-freescale] linux-boundary 3.10.17 linux/ipu.h failure

Mitch mitch at enox.co.za
Tue May 20 23:36:34 PDT 2014

Otavio Salvador <otavio at ...> writes:

> On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 7:15 PM, Sébastien Taylor <me <at> staylor.ca> wrote:
> > Attempting to build an application which uses the linux/ipu.h (from
sysroot usr/src/kernel/include)
> headers fails to compile because of missing asm includes such as linkage.h,
code works correctly with 3.0.35.

> > Is there a recommended way to handle this with the 3.10.17 kernels?
>
> The headers has been moved to uapi directory.

I have the same problem trying to build the ipu unit tests. My uapi directory
is empty (it only has .install in it which is blank).

I have installed the kernel headers, etc. through must digging (not sure why
none of the documentation is clear on this) with the kernel-dev package (dev-
pkgs didn't seem to add kernel headers even though it's implied).

Thanks up front. Perhaps if you could point to some documentation that's not
the ref manual or kernel dev manual that has details on how to get the kernel
headers installed nicely please. I still had to manually create a build and
source symlink in /lib/modules/.../ which I would have though would be done
automatically.