[meta-freescale] QML VPU issues - Wandboard running Qt 5.2.1 with eglfs

Stephano Cetola stephanoc at gmail.com
Mon May 19 09:03:26 PDT 2014

I have Qt 5.2.1 running on my Wandboard solo using the fsl-community-bsp.
There is no X11 or Wayland, I am running with -platform eglfs.

GPU acceleration works fine however when I try to add a video tag the CPU
usage goes up to 90+%.

I ran autorun-vpu from the imx unit tests and that seems to be running fine
with low CPU usage on the same video file.  I see where
the qeglfshooks_imx6.cpp file is added when configuring qtbase.

Is there a similar hook that needs to be added to take advantage of the
VPU?  Does such a hook exist or would I have to create this?

Cheers,
Stephano