[meta-freescale] (no subject)

zhenhua.luo at freescale.com zhenhua.luo at freescale.com
Mon May 19 02:46:05 PDT 2014

Hi Prasad,

If you want to build the sample application in Yocto environment, following is the step.

1.       Develop your application source

2.       Develop the recipe for your application, please refer to http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#new-recipe-writing-a-new-recipe

NOTE: if your application has build dependency on usdpaa, please add DEPENDS = “usdpaa” in the recipe of your application, if your application has runtime dependency on usdpaa, add RDEPENDS_${PN} = “usdpaa” in recipe of your application.

3.       Add IMAGE_INSTALL_append = “ <your_app>” in local.conf to ensure the rootfs image includes the binaries of your application.

4.       Build rootfs image.

Alternatively, you can use Yocto SDK to build your application.

1.       Run “bitbake <rootfs-image> -c populate-sdk” to generate the cross toolchain installer

2.       Install tmp/deploy/sdk/*.sh

3.       Use the standalone toolchain to build your application, please refer to http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/adt-manual/adt-manual.html#setting-up-the-cross-development-environment

Hope this is helpful for you.

Best Regards,