[meta-freescale] Problem with adding cmake to image

David Chirgwin dchirgwin at bluechiptechnology.co.uk
Wed May 14 08:41:26 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm having a problem trying to add cmake to my image (so that I can run it on my embedded system).

I'm using "dora" branch, with target "fsl-image-gui" and added these lines to my conf/local.conf

EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += "tools-sdk"
IMAGE_INSTALL += "cmake"

With just the "tools-sdk" I get gcc in my image and that works fine. When I add "cmake" the image builds OK in bitbake but doesn't boot properly - the kernel boots and mounts the rootfs, then gives these messages:

VFS: Mounted root (ext3 filesystem) on device 179:2.
devtmpfs: mounted
Freeing init memory: 220K
sh: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Inappropriate ioctl for device
sh: no job control in this shell
sh-4.2#

This is not my usual prompt, and many of my usual packages aren't available or don't run.

Any ideas or suggestions for what I am doing wrong?

Regards,

Dave C
Blue Chip Technology Limited. Chowley Oak Lane, Tattenhall, Chester, Cheshire CH3 9EX Tel: 01829 772000 Registered in England 3110403 Vat No: GB 618 374134