[meta-freescale] No sound on nitrogen6x + linux-boundary 3.10.17

Erik Botö erik.boto at pelagicore.com
Wed May 7 01:02:49 PDT 2014

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 8:16 PM, Eric Nelson
<eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com> wrote:
> Hi Erik,

<snip>

> I just tested against this image, revision fe41f1e of our kernel
> and nitrogen6x_defconfig on a Nitrogen6x and things worked
> perfectly through a handful of re-boots:
>
>         http://boundarydevices.com/yocto-kernel-3-10-17-beta/
>
> Let me know if you'd like me to upload a binary kernel package.

Thanks for helping out!

After testing this out and getting really confused about it still not
working I started to look through the early boot output on the serial
console looking for some board revision info. Then I noticed that it
used the sabrelite version of the device tree file since board was
unset in u-boot. By doing a "setenv board nitrogen6x" in u-boot before
booting, which makes it use the correct dtb-file, sound works like a
charm. So I guess it was a user error all along, although a
not-so-obvious one :)

After upgrading u-boot on the board from "U-Boot
2013.01-00058-g5957f6d" to "U-Boot 2014.04" the board variable is set
by default and hence everything works out-of-the-box.

Again, thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Erik