[meta-freescale] ethaddr variables in T4240 and related documentation

Vigneshwaren Sankaran vigneshwaren.sankaran78 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 02:56:53 PDT 2014

I am looking for the documentation for the ethadd variables in the u-boot
of the T4240 machine.

Why is it that these values special:

eth10addr=00:e0:0c:00:ae:0a

eth11addr=00:e0:0c:00:ae:0b

eth12addr=00:e0:0c:00:ae:0c

eth13addr=00:e0:0c:00:ae:0d

eth14addr=00:e0:0c:00:ae:0e

eth15addr=00:e0:0c:00:ae:0f

eth1addr=00:e0:0c:00:ae:01

eth2addr=00:e0:0c:00:ae:02

eth3addr=00:e0:0c:00:ae:03

eth4addr=00:e0:0c:00:ae:04

eth5addr=00:e0:0c:00:ae:05

eth6addr=00:e0:0c:00:ae:06

eth7addr=00:e0:0c:00:ae:07

eth8addr=00:e0:0c:00:ae:08

eth9addr=00:e0:0c:00:ae:09

ethact=e1000#0

ethaddr=00:e0:0c:00:ae:00

   -

I have booted the kernel with these variables and my machine doesn't seem
to be identified by the network. I have checked the build with the pre
built images that I downloaded from the freescale site. I have checked ALL
network related issues and everything is just fine ( I connected my laptop
with the EXACT same IP configuration and my laptop pings but not the board)
I have checked the kernel logs for any errors and there seems to be no
issues at all. Is there anything that Im missing.

( I configured the IP, in the usual ifconfig and route - to add gateway-
commands)