[meta-freescale] linux-imx-3.10.9 with preempt-rt patch

Jacob Kroon jacob.kroon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 03:49:52 PDT 2014

Hi Otavio,

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 6:10 PM, Jacob Kroon <jacob.kroon at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Mar 2014, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>
>  On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jacob/Otavio,
>>>
>>> On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 1:48 PM, Jacob Kroon <jacob.kroon at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  I have done some testing using various tools from "rt-tests" package.
>>>>

>>> What about creating a recipe for rt kernels, so that folks interested
>>> in real-time kernel could easily test it under meta-fsl-arm?
>>>

>> I like this idea. Jacob, are you up for the task? I can help if you want.
>>

> Yes, it sounds like a good idea. I'll come up with a
> patch for a linux-imx-rt recipe and post it for review here.
>
> /Jacob

So, the local patches I have are very light-weight, and the RT-patch can be
downloaded externally, but I wonder about the defconfig. Preempt-RT
switches the config parameters quite a lot, is there a tool or trick to use
in order to "cleanup" the defconfig to make it as minimal as possible ?
Right now I just use linux-imx defconfig as a start, turn on preempt-rt,
and save the resulting .config file.

  -- Jacob