[meta-freescale] linux-imx/linux-wandboard 3.10.17 kernel and HDMI display

John Weber rjohnweber at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 09:16:05 PDT 2014

Hi Jacob,

On 3/24/14, 10:10 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello Kroon,
>
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 6:06 AM, Jacob Kroon <jacob.kroon at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just some test reporting, I finally got the 3.10.17 linux-imx kernel from
>> meta-fsl-arm working with my Sony TV, but I had to revert commit
>>
>> ce224e3c4fc3c1b00a94641c28724be2adcd78be
>> "ENGR00288972 HDMI: unmask overflow interrupter when HDMI phy power on"
>>
>> otherwise the kernel would lockup once I plugged in the HDMI-cable.
>> This was on a Wandboard Solo. linux-wandboard 3.10.17 kernel from
>> meta-fsl-arm-extra showed the same problem, I didn't test if reverting the
>> same commit would solve the problem but I'm guessing so.
While there are some issues with the 3.10.17 kernel for Wandboard with HDMI, I'm
not aware of this one.  Then again, I don't have a Sony HDMI monitor.  I've been
working with an Acer 22" monitor with HDMI input.  I suspect that most of the
problems I've seen are related to the lack of working EDID on Wandboard.