[meta-freescale] Build error for directfb

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Mon Mar 24 07:23:37 PDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 10:19 AM, Daiane.Angolini at freescale.com
<Daiane.Angolini at freescale.com> wrote:
>> Master-next, sync-ed today (30 minutes ago)
>> local.conf:
>> DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11 wayland"
>> DISTRO_FEATURES += "directfb"
>
> Anyone else have tried this with success?
>
> Any update regarding directfb?

>> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-directfb',
>> 'packagegroup-core-directfb', 'libvivante-dfb-mx6', 'libgl-mesa-dev']

I did a brief look at this and the only solution I see at the moment
is to break toolchain development for GL apps. We need to have this
fixed at Vivante side to provide proper headers for GL so we stop to
rely on mesa for it.

Another thing we will need to workaround for now is the ABI of the
DirectFB backend as the binary driver works only with 1.6.3 release at
the moment and OE-Core is already in 1.7.1 release.

 I sent those points for some Freescale people explaining it but
didn't yet get an answer.