[meta-freescale] Systemd 211 on Wandboard, mmc and ttymxc0 hang

Jacob Kroon jacob.kroon at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 22:49:37 PDT 2014

Hi,
I upgraded to latest oe-core, and I am now seeing some issues which I think
is due to the recent systemd upgrade. From the boot log:

Welcome to Linux!

systemd[1]: Set hostname to <wandboard-dual>.
mmc0: Timeout waiting for hardware interrupt.
mmcblk0: error -110 transferring data, sector 3862264, nr 8, cmd response
0x900, card status 0x80000b00
mmcblk0: retrying using single block read
systemd[1]: Expecting device dev-ttymxc0.device...
         Expecting device dev-ttymxc0.device...
systemd[1]: Starting Forward Password Requests to Wall Directory Watch.
systemd[1]: Started Forward Password Requests to Wall Directory Watch.

I think the errors about mmc are new, systemd seems to hang for a couple of
seconds while scanning the boot partition or something like that.
And then later on:

[  OK  ] Reached target Network.
         Starting Getty on tty1...
[  OK  ] Started Getty on tty1.
libphy: 2188000.ethernet:01 - Link is Up - 100/Full
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
[ TIME ] Timed out waiting for device dev-ttymxc0.device.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Serial Getty on ttymxc0.
[  OK  ] Reached target Login Prompts.
[  OK  ] Reached target Multi-User System.

A long time out waiting for ttymxc0. I *think* the first time I boot an
image, this error does not happen, but subsequent boots of the same image
shows this problem.

  -- Jacob