[meta-freescale] Chromium acceleration

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Thu Mar 20 07:29:54 PDT 2014

Thanks Otavio,

On 03/20/2014 05:22 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 5:30 AM, Carlos Rafael Giani
> <dv at pseudoterminal.org> wrote:
>> Hi Eric and Christian,
>>
 >> <snip>
>>
>> As for the decoder itself: I implemented it in the Chromium media framework,
>> in media/ . I simply took the vpx decoder code, copied it, and modified it
>> to use the VPU. I had VP8, MPEG2, MPEG4, and h264 decoding working. It wasnt
>> much code, but unfortunately, the interfaces tend to change between
>> versions, so the code would have to be updated for the newest Chromium
>> version. It is not much code, I will try to clean it up a bit and post it.
>> In addition, I will ask the colleagues for the other patches for
>> accelerating the 2D and WebGL rendering.
>
> \m/ bear on mind I pushed Chromium 35 in meta-browser ;-)

I sent an RFC patch yesterday regarding inclusion of meta-qt5 into
fsl-community-bsp-platform.

Is there any interest or conflict in the same for meta-browser?

A simplistic test shows that it's really straightforward to
add both Chromium and Firefox into fsl-image-gui by pulling
in meta-browser.

Regards,

Eric