[meta-freescale] linux-imx/linux-wandboard 3.10.17 kernel and HDMI display

Jacob Kroon jacob.kroon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 02:06:21 PDT 2014

Hi,

Just some test reporting, I finally got the 3.10.17 linux-imx kernel from
meta-fsl-arm working with my Sony TV, but I had to revert commit

ce224e3c4fc3c1b00a94641c28724be2adcd78be
"ENGR00288972 HDMI: unmask overflow interrupter when HDMI phy power on"

otherwise the kernel would lockup once I plugged in the HDMI-cable.
This was on a Wandboard Solo. linux-wandboard 3.10.17 kernel from
meta-fsl-arm-extra showed the same problem, I didn't test if reverting the
same commit would solve the problem but I'm guessing so.

-- Jacob