[meta-freescale] Wireshark on yocto 1.4

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 05:06:29 PDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 6:14 AM, Vigneshwaren Sankaran
<vigneshwaren.sankaran78 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I use a yocto1.4 build from the freescale site and trying build my own

What does it means?

> packages. I created my own layer in wihich I have recipes for two packages,
> flex and bison, which work fine.
> I have configured wireshark like:
>
> ESCRIPTION = "Wireshark packet sniffer"
> SECTION = "Packet sniffer"
> LICENSE = "GPLv2+"
> LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://COPYING;md5=0aeec08d1d1a8070a2d26af094b8f503"
>
> PR = "r0"
>
> # RPROVIDES_${PN} = "wireshark"
>
> SRC_URI = "file:///home/qoriq/wireshark-1.10.5.tar.bz2"
> SRC_URI[md5sum] = "a66894a62f05e1e7a3156a807f3296ea"
>
> inherit autotools gettext
>

> And in my conf/local.conf file. I have the variable
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " flex bison wireshark"
> And I also added my layer in the conf/bbclasses.conf file.
>
> THe flex and the bison packages are built perfectly fine but the wireshark
> package throws an error.
> ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'wireshark' (but
> /home/qoriq/yocto/meta-fsl-networking/images/fsl-image-full.bb RDEPENDS on
> or otherwise requires it)
> NOTE: Runtime target 'wireshark' is unbuildable, removing...
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['wireshark']
> ERROR: Required build target 'fsl-image-full' has no buildable providers.
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['fsl-image-full', 'wireshark']
>
> When I separately tried to build wireshark. I did get an error nothing
> provies wireshark.
>
> And also I did get a Warning
>
> WARNING: No bb files matched BBFILE_PATTERN_mylayer
> '^/home/qoriq/yocto/meta-mylayer/'
>
> Is this related to the above problem? How do i solve it?

Let me double check if I understood.

You have created your own layer, and have 2 other working recipes on
that layer. Is that right?

So, your new layer is ok, otherwise flex and bison would not work
(btw, why have you created them? [1][2])

It should be something weird in your recipe name, or recipe path.
Please, double check it ;)

[1] http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core/tree/meta/recipes-devtools/flex/flex_2.5.38.bb?h=master
[2] http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core/tree/meta/recipes-devtools/bison/bison_2.7.1.bb?h=master

Daiane