[meta-freescale] linux-imx_3.10.17 locks up hard at boot

Boszormenyi Zoltan zboszor at pr.hu
Fri Mar 7 06:15:30 PST 2014

Hi,

I have forced kernel version 3.10.17 to test it and it seems to
lock up as soon as it wants to start X. The serial console
reaches the login prompt but nothing I type is echoed back
and the board doesn't respond to ping. The KMS graphical boot
is shown but the screen turns all black around the same time
the login prompt is shown in the serial console and the display
says "no signal". Is there a known problem with this kernel version?
gpu-viv-bin-mx6q-3.10.17-1.0.0-beta-hfp ("hardfp") was built.

Can someone point me to a solution to having a working kernel
that's more recent than 3.0.35?

I use a Freescale board that's labeled MCIMX6Q-SDB.

Thanks in advance,
Zoltán Böszörményi