[meta-freescale] gpu-viv-bin-mx6q: missing RDEPENDS on libffi ?

Jacob Kroon jacob.kroon at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 06:08:12 PDT 2014

Hello,

I'm seeing some unexplained changes in the buildhistory when I do
incremental builds of the SD-images. The wayland packages from
gpu-viv-bin-mx6q recipe seem to have an unspecified dependency on libffi:

 PKG = libwayland-viv0
 RPROVIDES =
-RDEPENDS = eglibc (>= 2.19)
+RDEPENDS = eglibc (>= 2.19) libffi (>= 3.0.13)

Several of the dev/debug-packages also have this change:

  libegl-dbg
  libgc-wayland-protocol-dbg
  libgc-wayland-protocol-dev
  libgc-wayland-protocol0
  libgl-dbg
  libglesv2-dbg
  libwayland-viv-dbg
  libwayland-viv-dev
  libwayland-viv0

Looking into log.do_package I see:

  log.do_package:DEBUG: libwayland-viv-mx6: Dependency libffi.so.6 requires
package libffi
  log.do_package:DEBUG: libgc-wayland-protocol-mx6: Dependency libffi.so.6
requires package libffi

In what I think is one of the older log-files I see this:

  NOTE: Couldn't find shared library provider for libffi.so.6, used by
files: [...]

So it seems to me that some of the sub-packages needs a RDEPEND on libffi.

/Jacob