[meta-freescale] I think I am missing some critical link, but am lost trying to find it.

Stephen Munnings Stephen.Munnings at nuvation.com
Thu Jun 26 10:23:08 PDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
Hi Otavio,

Thanks for the assistance.
The symbolic link is OUR workaround, because of the way we structured our .pro file (and the directory hierarchy) on the original development host.
We decided to reference the sysroot from a symbolic link at the next directory level up, and coded it so in the project.  (And created the syslink in both environments) I don't think you need to do anything about it in the build system.
In other words, it is OUR hack, we are not proud of it, but it helps things stay consistent in our environment.

I have perhaps messed up the OVERRIDES, because the documentation seems rather sparse.
The Yocto manual refers one to the bitbake manual, and the bitbake manual gives some rather elementary examples.
(And no caveats in either manual)

I suspect from your comment, and further reflection that our line should instead have been:
OVERRIDES =+"${GDBTYPE}:"
(I think I inadvertently wiped out all other override values in the variable)

Stephen Munnings
Sr. Design Engineer | 519.594.0976
www.nuvation.com
-----End Original Message-----

Hi Otavio,

Many thanks for pointing out the issue with the OVERRIDES variable.
It has not only cleared up the issue with the compiler, it has also cleared up another issue:
   The built executable was "asking for" a more generic loader than the system provided, and we had created a link for that in the startup script

I do think that whoever maintains the yocto manual should add a warning on its usage (in the variables section) as well as referring readers to the bitbake manual.
It is potential dynamite!  (especially when one - as I did - inadvertently wipes out all the other values stored in the variable)

However, it has not (as was somewhat anticipated by me) cleared up the issue regarding the building of the qsqlite driver plugin.  (libqsqlite.so).

I am still at a loss as to how to get that driver to be automatically built.
(I am trying to do all the same things that resulted in it being built for the wandboard, but it is not being built for my board)